Whether you’re planning a bike ride, a ball, a bake sale, or a bucket collection, we’re pleased that you would like to raise money for STF. This section should provide you with everything you need for fundraising in your area and allows us to support you with your event.

Legal and Safety Guidelines

Are you getting ready to put on a fundraising event for STF but you aren’t quite sure about how to do it? You’ll find all of the answers here including some rules and regulations you need to be aware of.


Health and Safety

Check out the Institute of Fundraising for the Code of Fundraising Practice. If you would like more information on Health and Safety and Risk Assessments, please email STF at


Food and Hygiene

It is important to properly maintain food during its preparation, storage, and display. Detailed information in food preparation can be found at Food.Gov. Another source to use is NHS’s Food Safety and your local authority.


Data Protection

Any record you keep about people involved in a fundraising event should follow the guidelines of the Data Protection Act. Make sure not to distribute private information to others without permission, and get rid of the information as soon as the event has ended. For further insight into data protection visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.


Make sure that the event is as risk free as possible. Insurance is often included when hiring out buildings and equipment but it pays to be safe and check. To protect yourself against claims made by third parties for injury or property damage as a result of negligence you should consider public liability cover for your event. For most public events you will need public liability cover in place. This may not be necessary for privately held events. Contact us for more information on


Alcohol and Public Licenses

When hosting an event you may need a license if the event includes alcohol or recorded music and films. Make sure to speak with your local authority if you believe you may need a license. If you are unsure about licenses then please contact us for more information on



If you are organising a private collection you just need the permission of the owner of the premises. Public collections must be licensed by the Local Authority.


Lotteries and Prize Draws

Please follow the guidelines listed on the Gambling Commission website or check with your local authority for laws and information related to lotteries and prize draws.

Have one of our Charity Collection boxes

If you would like to support us by having one of our charity collection boxes at your premises then please drop us an email. You will need to fill in one of our charity box forms which you can download.

So you've raised money for STF, but how do you get it to us?

There are several ways to pay in the money you have raised:


If you’ve raised money through an online fundraising page then sit back and relax as the money donated here automatically comes to us. Any money raised offline can be sent to us separately through our website, by post or via bank transfer.

By Post

Send us a cheque made payable to ‘Sporting Tree Foundation’ with your paying in form to:
STF Regional Office, Excelsior House, Ufton Lane, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 1JA


Bank transfer

Please email the team on , we will share our bank details and instructions for arranging a bank transfer.